The eBox enables public institutions (senders) to send electronic personally addressed messages to citizens in a secure manner.
The document providers do not have to send paper documents to citizens who want to receive messages via the eBox.
Providers (HIPs) will notify citizens of the availability of messages.
The document provider can choose to carry out the technical integration "in-house" or via a service provider (DSP).
Properties and characteristics
Substantial identification and authentication guarantees that messages only reach the correct recipients.
Consultation interface of choice for the citizen after opt-in.
Evidential value of messages sent via the platform.
Registered mail (from 2020).
Privacy through encrypted communication.
Multilingual and accessible (in accordance with WCAG 2.0).
Each potential provider (HIP) must first obtain certification before becoming a provider
All (services of) government departments and public institutions that provide information to citizens.
Terms and conditions
The following steps must be followed:
- Application via the self-service portal.
- Development and integration, acceptance tests (end-to-end validation + audit trail reconstruction) in the integration environment of the DG Digital Transformation.
- After successful audit trail validation access to production environment.
- Validation of processes (sanity check) + reconstruction of the audit trail in production environment
- Operational start
Access and support
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Support to citizens from Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm (on the opening days of the Federal Administration).
- Are you interested in the eBox solution? Contact the Service Desk of the DG Digital Transformation using this form.