The Federal Metropolitan Area Network (FedMAN) connects the various federal government services while providing them with central access to the Internet.
- Highly efficient network infrastructure with access points using an Ethernet interface;
- Virtual, private networks available for protected applications;
- Infrastructure maintenance plus network administration, monitoring and support;
- Virtual Leased Line (VLL) and Virtual Private Lan Service (VPLS) available subject to conditions. VLL and VPLS connect various FedMAN access points virtually without the use of leased lines;
- De-duplicated architecture for high availability and reliability;
- Can be combined with other network services.
Federal public services and institutions.
- One connection per federal public service;
- Secure Internet access required to connect to the FedMAN network;
- A sufficient number of users to warrant the high connection speed and bandwidth of the network.
- Application for a connection with the Fedict Service Desk;
- Application for IP addresses from the Fedict Service Desk (RIPE form).
Access and support
Accessible 24 /7 with support.
For further information or to sign up to the service, please contact the Fedict Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying reference code ‘S103 - FedMAN’.