Publication of domain names and resolution of domain names and IP addresses (DNS resolution).
- Name servers available to government departments connected to the FedMAN network:
- publication of the domain names accessible over the Internet;
- publication of the private domain names (accessible only via internal FedMAN systems);
- resolution of internal FedMAN domain names and IP addresses;
- resolution of external domain names and IP addresses.
- De-duplicated systems in different locations;
- DG Digital Transformation's services:
- name server infrastructure administration;
- implementation assistance;
- user support.
Federal public services and institutions
- Application with the DG Digital Transformation Service Desk
Procedure for publication:
- You supply us with the minimal DNS record information or a file containing the DNS zone information in BIND 8/9 syntax;
- Adaptations to the FedMAN DNS servers are managed by DG Digital Transformation;
- Check to see if the records have been entered correctly;
- Correct delegation with the registrar of the domain parent to the domain hosted on the FedMAN DNS servers;
- Notify DG Digital Transformation.
Procedure for DNS resolution:
- Adaptations to own systems to refer to the DG Digital Transformation DNS servers for resolving domain names and IP addresses.
Access and support
- Accessible 24/7;
- Support available from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm from Monday to Friday (on federal government working days).
For further information or to sign up to the service, please contact the DG Digital Transformation Service Desk at servicedesk.DTO@bosa.fgov.be, specifying reference code ’S106 - DNS external’.